Zimbra is the new webmail on goldfisch. In Fact its far more than a webmail. It has a mobile client, a full calendar, online-documents, chat and much more and is a full replacement for your desktop-email-programm if you like.
If you choose to use zimbra, you cannot use the old webmail horde anymore and you cannot use the old mail1.goldfisch.at anymore for fetching your mails from a emailclient, but need to use the new settings below.
BEFORE YOU START USING ZIMBRA READ THE SECTION ON THE END OF THIS PAGE FOR INITIAL INFORMATION !!
If your webbrowser complains about unknown certifcates be sure to permanently accept the certificate (in firefox : add acception - get certificate - store permanentely !!)once and the error will never show up again.
There is a demo-login for testing zimbra
- username: demo
- password: demoZimbra
You can compose an email and send it to see how send works, but the email is not actually delivered to anyone. Instead you will receive a “could not send message” - email. This is to prevent abusing this demo-account.
You can however send emails to this demo-account : firstname.lastname@example.org
additional to using the zimbra webinterface you can still use zimba as imap-server and access your mails with thunderbird or any other decent mailclient.
imap-server : zimbra.goldfisch.at
smtp-server : zimbra.goldfisch.at or smtp.goldfisch.at
you can use zimbra as pop-server too, but be sure you know what you are doing. Imap is recommended.
use of SSL/TLS is strongly recommended
READ THIS SECTION !!
- after first login be sure to check your settings, so your Name and your default emailadresse have the correct value
- each user has a zimbra-internal emailadress which is USERNAME@zimbra.goldfisch.at. Do not change this or your accout will be flawed. This email-adress is necessary if you want to share calenders/documents with other users on the goldfisch-zimbra.
- if your account was migrated from the old system then please note that your adressbook was not migrated. You have to export/import it on your own.
- earlier defined mailrules still apply on the new zimbra-system, but zimbra has a far more advanced message-filter-system. So it is recommended to delete any existing http://www.goldfisch.at/goldfisch/tech/mailaccess#mailrules and recreate this rules in zimbra. Especially autoforward, autoreply is very easily done inside zimbra.
- if your setup delivers mail to the old goldfisch-system *and* the new zimbra-system then you have to be aware that this systems are independet. Deleting/Moving/Marking mails on one system will not affect the mails on the other system. So this double-setup is not recommended by any means and only adviseable during mail-migration-process.
https://zimbra2.goldfisch.at is a real-time-backup of zimbra. If the zimbra-server is not available you can try to access your mails via zimbra2.goldfisch.at.
Please note that this is only a backup-server that does not store any changes you make. If you add an adress to your adressbook, create a new appointment in your calender, store a email in the SENT-folder ... it will gone by next midnight when the new backup is written to this server.
DO NOT USE THIS SERVER UNLESS IN EMERGENCY TO READ YOUR MAILS/CALENDAR